This is the WSBKPod FAQ.
- alanf (wsbkpod *at* wsbkpod.com)
- What is this thing?
- This is a podcast. A podcast is an audio file which can be
downloaded via the Internet and listened to on a computer or
personal music device like an iPod. The actual format of the
file is an MP3, just like most digital music.
- What is this thing about?
- This podcast will be covering the World Superbike series. This is a
motorcycle racing series based on 1000cc production motorcycles and run
on road race circuits.
- Okay, then who runs this thing?
- Alan Fleming. It was all my idea and I take all the credit and blame for it.
- What is your email address?
- wsbkpod *at* wsbkpod.com (Obviously, you'll need to change the work "at" to an @ sign.)
- Is this podcast officially sanctioned by the World Superbike
- No, there is no connection between this podcast and FGSport (the
rights holder for the World Superbike series). I'm just a fan doing
a podcast covering their series.
- What equipment do you use to create this thing?
- I started out just using my work provided Dell Latitude laptop
running Windows XP, a simple USB attached mic from the computer
mega-mart and a freeware recording software called Audacity. Total
cost? Something like $15. I have since added a M-Audio Fast Track
Pro mixer and a MXL 990 condenser mic, though honestly its difficult
to detect a change in audio quality from the original setup.
I am probably not getting much return on the $300 I spent on this
extra equipment. I have also added some equipment to do remote
recordings: An Olympus WS-300m voice recorder, an Audio-Technica ATR35s
lapel mic and an Audio-Technica Pro 24 condenser mic.
- I love your stuff. Where else can I hear or read more by you?
- Well, I'm flattered you asked. I edit a
blog that covers motorcycle
related topics. I've also done some writing for Roadracer X Magazine. (Okay,
so this isn't actually a frequently asked question...it is, however,
some shameless self-promotion.)
alanf's Home ||
World Superbike is a trademark of FGSPORT. The WSBKPod Podcast and
WSBKPod.com are not affiliated with FGSPORTS.